- the project is located on Doliber Mountain, off Barney's River Road in Avondale, Pictou County,
- the project consists of one Enercon E92 utility class wind turbine generator and two Ghrepower domestic 50 kW wind turbine generators
- Avondale produces 1.7MW of clean, green renewable energy
- the electricity the Avondale project produces is sold at the ComFIT rate under a Power Purchase Agreement with Nova Scotia Power
- every megawatt (MW) of wind reduces our greenhouse gas emissions by as much as 2,500 tonnes per yea, enough clean energy for 350-400 Nova Scotian homes (NS Renewables)
At the top of Doliber Mtn. The vehicle is a
miniature beside the 85metre tall Enercon E92.
Where Does the NWF Power Go?
The Avondale Project supplies sustainable renewable electricity directly to the homes and businesses in 17 communities in eastern Pictou County.
The communities include:
- Bailey's Brook
- Barney's River Station
- Big Island
- Marshy Hope
- Mount Adam
- The Ponds
- Upper/Lower Barney's River